I always find the finical complaints of most middle class Americans hilarious. The society we have created is so narcissistically entitled it takes my breath away. I was reading an article the other day on ways to cut back of living expense; you know, like skipping your five dollar latte every other day and cutting back on unnecessary purchases. What I enjoyed about this is that the article was written for the ever so pitiable men and women who went from 250k a year to only 100. What poor, poor men and women. We really should have a fund for people to maintain their excessive and wasteful lifestyle; poor souls with houses hundreds of thousands of dollars underwater.
Wait, dial it back a minute. I’m pretty sure the rampant need of these people to always have more, more, more is what caused this recession: this belief that we are all entitled to our own home, full of state of the art electronics and 2-37 cars in the garage. I’m sorry that people have to cut back on their excess but is that really a bad thing? Maybe they’re learning what we poor knew all along, there is more to life then the accumulation of worthless crap and using said worthless crap as the meaning of your life is truly pathetic; and very American.
I would like to say that the “American Dream,” is destroying every aspect of the world. This need for bigger, better and newer is more dangerous to every facet of society than any issue other then overpopulation. The way many Americans are able to absolve themselves of any moral reasonability to either their selves or the world is astounding. These people live from self induced crisis to self induced crisis; eyes blind to anything that’s truly wrong in the world.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment